This position has a term length of 4 years, with the possibility of extension, and offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: www.hrs.ualberta.ca.
Report to the Executive Director (ED) of the Glen Sather Sports Medicine Clinic (the Clinic), the Office Administrator will manage the day to day operations of the clinic. The role will encompass all aspects of office management including human resource, financial and facility management as well as support of the initiatives and mandates of the clinic. The role includes negotiations with vendor contracts, quality assurance initiatives, and the creation/updating of clinic policies and procedures.
- Supports the clinicians and staff in patient care initiatives which includes conducting needs assessments, developing program outlines, etc.
- Supports the clinicians and staff in providing an environment that is conducive to learning which includes ensuring cleanliness of the clinic, arranging topics and speakers for monthly Educational Rounds and Grand Rounds (4 per year), assists with planning and organizing the annual Dr. D.C. Reid Conference, booking classrooms, etc.
- Supports the Research Office in research projects and initiatives which includes participant recruitment, collecting consents, etc.
- Reviews and leads the development of patient information material
- In consultation with the ED, manages the recruitment, hiring, orientation, training, supervision and performance review of all support staff schedules all support staff including administration, reception and physical therapy assistants
- Reviews and approves all timesheets and leaves for staff
- Prepares statistical reports on staffing levels, patient visits, financials, special projects, etc. to assist senior management with strategic planning
- In consultation with the ED, responsible for all facility management including maintenance, office space allocation and liaison with Alberta Health Services for the Clinic space
- Manages equipment and supplies including: sourcing, ordering, inventory and maintenance
- Oversees the management of The Next Step (the clinic store)
- Assists with quality assurance initiatives and the creation and updating of all clinic specific policies and procedures
- Acts as the lead contact for Communications and Marketing Offices of the 3 Faculties; is the main contact for any media inquiries
- Responsible for reviewing the Clinic financials in conjunction with the ED and the faculty office
- Prepares monthly and ad-hoc financial reports
- Monitors and creates invoicing for all contractors; reviews and reconciles all purchases monthly
- In consultation with the Executive and Academic Directors, manages budgetary functions associated with generating revenue and expenditures
- Manages the finances for special projects, specialty clinics, and agreements with external groups and agencies
- Minimum undergraduate degree in business or a related field; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Minimum 3 years of health care office management experience
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills; ability to deal with patient concerns appropriately and effectively
- Familiarity with U of A policies and procedures for finance, human resources and information technology and the University’s business applications
- Familiarity with Alberta Health Services policies and procedures specific to the Kaye Edmonton Clinic site and patient services
- Prior supervision experience, preferably with the U of A
- Excellent people, organization and time management skills
- Facilitation, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Planning, critical thinking and project management skills
- Ability to function as a member of a team both within and outside of the clinic
- Ability to build relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to provide information and advice to all levels of employees and contractors
- Ability to identify and collect relevant data, provide analysis and demonstrates strong reporting skills
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritizing tasks and adapting to change in a fast pace and changing environment