This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: www.hrs.ualberta.ca
Risk Management Services (RMS) consists of six operational units, including the Office of Risk Management Services, Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S), Emergency Management, Insurance & Risk Assessment (I&RA), Policy Standards Office (PSO), Protective Services (UAPS) and Resource Planning (RP). Through the six operational units, RMS helps the university community achieve its objectives by providing the programs, support, expertise and assistance to understand and through a balanced approach, manage risk.
Reporting to the AVP (RMS), the Executive Coordinator will provide comprehensive administrative, secretarial, human resource and finance assistance in support of the overall mission and objectives of RMS. The incumbent will work independently and will require sound judgment, common sense and an ability to work under challenging time constraints and conditions due to the many priorities and issues of the Office of the AVP (RMS). This position requires a high degree of professionalism, diplomacy, supervisory leadership, flexibility and exceptional interpersonal skills. Ongoing communication and interaction with Directors, Managers, Senior Level Administration, Administrative Assistants and external contacts, demands a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
The position will be a key member of the Risk Management Team (RMT) and provide leadership and mentorship in the management of administrative services, human resource and finance activities across the RMS portfolio. Working collaboratively and independently, the incumbent will seek, compile and create information to be used by the RMT for strategic planning.
- Provides administrative support to the Office of AVP (RMS), Director (RP), Manager (I&RA) and Director of Enterprise Risk Management Programs; this includes: maintaining calendars, scheduling appointments, composing correspondence, coordinating travel arrangements and providing meeting support (booking rooms, creating agendas, taking meeting minutes, etc.)
- Provides oversight, leadership, guidance and mentorship to two unit administrative assistants within the RMS portfolio
- Manages department files (employee personnel files and office files)
- Provides oversight and oversees human resource, financial and administrative services across the RMS portfolio
- Ensures the reconciliation of all unit and portfolio expenditures, travel claims, journal vouchers, indents and salary costs
- Leads and coordinates administrative initiatives and practices to streamline processes and maximize the use of technology
- Provides IT support; functions as the primary contact between the RMS portfolio and IST, including the identification and resolution of issues
- Performs other related duties as required
- Minimum High School Diploma, plus additional administrative coursework; undergraduate Degree from a recognized educational institution preferred; equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered
- Minimum 5 years related administrative experience
- Computer proficiency using MS office applications (Word Access, PowerPoint, Excel, Sitecore, GoogleApps, Records Management system, HCM and Financials PeopleSoft, e-mailing and scheduling software (Gmail)
- Supervision and facilitative leadership skills
- Excellent communication and highly refined people skills with a proven ability to work with sensitive and confidential materials, excellent spelling, grammar, editorial and proofreading skills
- Experience in managing busy calendars and dealing with conflicting priorities
- Knowledge of the University of Alberta’s policies and procedures
- Advanced time management and organizational skills with high attention to detail and accuracy, flexibility and ability to take initiative